What to expect during your DOT physical:
In order to meet state and federal mandates, a complete physical is required of all drivers with or applying for Commercial Drivers License (CDL) according to standards set by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
These DOT Physicals are required every two years. With these type of physicals, employers can check their drivers are physically fit to operate a large commercial vehicle now and in the forseeable future.
DOT Requirements include:
- 20/40 vision minimum
- Must be able to determine the difference between the colors of traffic lights
- Able to hear a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet
- Blood pressure at most 160/100
- Blood sugar at most 200
- No use of habit-forming drugs, amphetamines, or narcotics
Please bring the following to your DOT physical:
- Current state driver's license
- Visual aids such as glasses or contacts
- List of past medical history
- Contact list of doctors and specialists
- Prescription bottles, current medications, and over the counter medications